Come January 11, Air India will introduce daily flight services from Dubai to Kochi, in response to the long-pending demand of Indians living here, the company has announced. This will bolster the connectivity between Dubai and Kochi with plenty of Indians travelling on this route.
“Air India will be operating Dubai-Kochi-Dubai sector with brand new A320 aircraft with cap of 180 seats,” said Melwin D’Silva, Regional Manager- Gulf, Middle East and Africa of Air India. With this, the flight operating from Sharjah-Kochi-Sharjah would stand withdrawn effective January 11, he said.
Air India operates 74 flights per week in and out of Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah international airports. Flight AI-934 on Dubai-Kochi sector will depart from Dubai at 1330 hours and arrive in Kochi at 1910 hours local time, Mr D’Silva said. “On the return leg, the flight will depart from Kochi to Dubai at 0935 hours and arrive in Dubai at 1235 hours local time,” he added. Air India and Air India Express operates more than 300 flights per week between India and Gulf countries.
There are more than 2.6 million Indians living in UAE, with a sizeable number from Kerala. This improved connectivity would come as a boon for many Indians living in Dubai who can save time and cost with a direct flight to Kerala. The availability of a daily flight to Kerala would now give more options to passengers to choose from.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.09.29Modi’s Tokyo visit: Abe power will continue to propel India-Japan ties
- Diplomacy2022.09.28War of narratives: Jaishankar takes on the US media for its “biased” coverages
- Diplomacy2022.09.28Days after Modi-Putin meeting, Lavrov backs India for UNSC seat
- India and the World2022.09.27India protests US’s F-16 funds for Pakistan: You are not fooling anybody