Prime Minister, Narendra Modi unveiled the National Emblem cast on the roof of the New Parliament Building on July 11. “This morning, I had the honour of unveiling the National Emblem cast on the roof of the new Parliament,” he tweeted. PM Modi also interacted with the Shramjeevis involved in the work of the new Parliament. “I had a wonderful interaction with the Shramjeevis who have been involved in the making of the Parliament. We are proud of their efforts and will always remember their contribution to our nation.”
The National Emblem is made of bronze with a total weight of 9500 Kg and is 6.5 m in height. It has been cast at the top of the Central Foyer of New Parliament Building. A supporting structure of steel weighing around 6500 Kg has been constructed to support the Emblem. The concept sketch and process of casting of the National Emblem on the roof of New Parliament Building has gone through eight different stages of preparation from clay modeling/computer graphic to bronze casting and polishing.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2023.02.06India-Russia ties growing in all areas despite stress: Russian envoy
- India and the World2023.02.06Russian envoy, top diplomats to focus on next steps in India-Russia relations
- Culture2023.02.03Shakti: Promoting women-led Development in G20
- In Conversation2023.01.30ABC of Organising G20 Meetings, the India Way: Muktesh Pardeshi