Raising the bar high for national renewal, Prime Minister Narendra Modi underlined that India should emerge as a world leader in the unfolding post-COVID-19 New World Order.
“It is at that time that the current generation will be at the helm of affairs and the nation’s destiny will be in their hands. Therefore, it is important to decide what we must inculcate in them now so that they will be able to make big contributions in the future towards the country,” said Mr Modi at the second National Committee meeting on Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav – 75th anniversary of India’s independence.
“We have always insisted upon and fought for our rights but there is higher greatness in following one’s duties. It is only when we follow our duties religiously that we are able to ensure rights of others automatically,” said the prime minister.
“Therefore, as we celebrate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, commitment to duty should be our uppermost priority and the pledge to contribute meaningfully for the country should be our main resolve. Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav will sow the seed of a sense of duty among the youth,” he added.
THE members of the National Committee who attended the meeting included Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, Governors of various states, Union Ministers, Chief Ministers, political leaders, officials, media personalities, spiritual leaders, artists and film personalities, and eminent persons from other walks of life.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emerging Powers/BRICS2023.06.02Mutual respect and complete consensus,that is the hallmark of BRICS : Jaishankar
- India and the World2023.05.19With Global South on mind, Modi touches down in Hiroshima for G7 summit
- India and the World2023.04.28A Time for Global South in G20
- India and the World2023.04.26Continent of Hope: It’s Time for Compact with Africa 2.0