A week after the Pathankot airbase was attacked by terrorists, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the air base on January 9 for a detailed assessment of the situation.
Mr Modi met senior Indian army and Air Force officers to take stock of the situation. According to unnamed officials, Mr Modi is also likely to undertake an aerial survey of the India-Pakistan border areas. The area has been cordoned off with tight security measures in place. The sanitising operation of the area had been going on for the last three days ever since the six terrorists were gunned down after a four-day battle with the Indian security forces.
The security forces have declared that the airbase has been fully sanitised.
The Pathankot attack was the third terror attack in India’s border regions in the past few months after Gurdaspur and Udhampur.
The terror attack, suspected to be masterminded by Pakistan-based militant group Jaish e-Mohammed, has put the India-Pakistan relations under severe stress.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.09.23Defence and security cooperation was a key 21st century pillar for India and Africa : Jaishankar
- The Power of India2020.09.22We live in an international community linked together at multiple levels by multiple arrangements : Shringla
- India and the World2020.09.22The UN faces a crisis of confidence and today’s challenges cannot be fought with outdated structures : Modi
- The Power of India2020.09.21Our agriculture sector is in desperate need of latest technology that assists the industrious farmers :Modi