“India’s economy is one of the biggest economies in the world. The international community recognises India as one of the fastest growing economies. We need a decisive government, weak coalitions will be bad for India, India cannot afford to be a soft power for the next few years because it will be compelled to take hard decisions, people’s representatives do not govern us. We are governed by the laws made by them, therefore the rule of law is extremely important for the country, for us to become a major power, our economy has to be big, it has to be competitive globally. It can only happen if we become technologically advanced. All defence hardware must be 100% transfer of technology. This is the policy of the new government, government’s digitisation initiative is a big game-changer, see how China’s Alibaba and others have become big companies, how much Chinese government has supported them. We want the Indian private sector companies should perform and promote Indian strategic interest,the populist measures shouldn’t take precedence over national requirements. It is a temptation that you take a thing or you refrain from doing the thing which is in national interest. But probably for a short time they may cause some pain to the people.”
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval delivered the Patel Memorial Lecture on India’s strategic assets.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2022.12.01India@G20: A presidency of healing, harmony and hope
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security