TOKYO: Underscoring rapid economic and governance transformation going on in Asia’s third largest economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi termed Make in India as “a global brand” and positioned his country as a global manufacturing hub. “Make in India has emerged as global brand today. We’re manufacturing quality products not only for India but for world,” Mr Modi, who is currently on a two-day visit to Japan, said while addressing the Indian community at an event in Tokyo.“India is becoming a global hub, especially in field of electronics and automobile manufacturing. We’re rapidly moving towards being no.1 in mobile phones manufacturing,” he said.‘India is going through a massive transformative phase today. The world is appreciating India for its efforts towards services towards humanity. The policies being made in India, the work being done towards public welfare, for these the nation is being felicitated today.”
Mr Modi’s third visit to Japan is aimed at enhancing Japanese investments in India and to rope in Japan as a key partner in Make in India project of boosting domestic manufacturing base.In an unusual gesture, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe hosted Mr Modi at his ancestral home, signifying personal chemistry with the Indian leader and growing India-Japan strategic connect.The two leaders are expected to hold wide-ranging talks in Tokyo on October 30, which will culminate in an ambitious security agreement, including the decision to launch negotiations for a logistics pact that will allow greater interoperability between the two navies.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldSeptember 26, 2023Rise of India bodes well for Global South & Africa: Mehdi Jomaa
- CultureSeptember 26, 2023G20 Presidency Showcases India’s Rich Cultural Heritage and Soft Power: Abhay K
- DiplomacySeptember 20, 2023Inclusive Development & G20: Progress & Prospects
- India and the WorldSeptember 16, 2023G20 has a critical role in protecting rules-based global order: Experts