Addressing the Annual Day celebrations at Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) in New Delhi, the finance minister said, “Wages in China have gone up. That part of the world is now becoming costlier. Can we, therefore, create a world class infrastructure in India?”
India is well equipped with human resource and institution of excellent kind, which makes the cost of capital qualitative and reasonable, the minister said. “Can the cost of our capital not be reasonable… all these issues of efficiency, quality improvement, that’s where the opportunity awaits us in creating mass jobs and that is the best possibility of India in removing poverty,” he added.
Currently, the contribution of manufacturing in India’s GDP is very less in comparison to that of other developed countries. India plans to enhance the contribution of manufacturing with its newly launched “Make in India” campaign.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- News2021.05.14India fighting Covid on a war footing: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2021.05.14In Solidarity: Italy sends more Covid-19 relief to India
- China Connect2021.05.10China provides oxygen, ventilators to bolster India’s anti-Covid fight
- Diplomacy2021.05.08Trade and beyond: a new impetus to the EU-India Partnership