[youtube id=”Z65TSwK4DBk”]Geography, History, and Culture. Business, Buddhism and Strategy. The relations between India and Sri Lanka are truly multifarious, and are driven by enduring bonds of friendship and fraternal empathy between the people of India and Sri Lanka.
Now, the multi-faceted relations are set to acquire a new bounce and energy with the February 15-17 visit of Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena to India. President Maithrapala comes to India barely days after taking charge of the island nation following a spectacular victory of his party in the national elections. The choice of India by President Maithripala as his first overseas destination underlines the importance Sri Lanka’s new government attaches to deepening relations with India, a time-tested friend and partner.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldMarch 2, 2024Jaishankar charts India’s ascent to a leading power
- India and the WorldMarch 1, 2024India-Mauritius Connect: From Runways to RuPay
- India and the WorldFebruary 28, 2024Gaza crisis: Jaishankar pitches for sustainable solution, says terror unacceptable
- India and the WorldFebruary 26, 2024Raisina Call: It’s time for a female UN Secretary-General