Buddhism, Business, Bollywood. Culture, Commerce and Creativity. In many ways, India and South Korea are a perfect couple, in step with each other, and looking to complement each other and help the other to fructify its true potential. As Prime Minister Narendra Modi travels to Seoul in May, the last leg of his three-nation tour, the focus will be on synergies between East Asia’s economic dynamo and India, Asia’s third largest economy. The visit will underscore the stress on the Modi government’s Act East policy and is expected to pitch India-South Korea relations onto a higher trajectory.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s trip to South Korea in December last year has already firmed up an ambitious agenda for the prime ministerial visit. When PM Modi sits down for talks with South Korean President Park in Seoul, there will be an array of issues on the table. Making the nuclear deal work, trade and investment, manufacturing tie-ups, and collaboration in in outer space and frontier areas of technology will be some of key issues that will dominate the leader’s talks.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- China Connect2020.11.28A New Start, A New Journey
- Diplomacy2020.11.26India-Italy Connect: The Road Ahead (WEBINAR VIDEO)
- India and the World2020.11.25Italian envoy calls for rebalancing Europe-China ties, pitches for enhanced defence ties with India
- Diplomacy2020.11.24India eyes closer ties with Bahrain, UAE, and Seychelles