“The launch has been done with a vision to provide the poorest of the poor, and the underprivileged sections of society, with better healthcare and treatment, this scheme, which envisions health assurance of 5 lakh rupees per family per year, will benefit over 50 crore people, and is the world’s biggest health assurance scheme, the number of beneficiaries of this scheme is roughly equal to the population of the European Union, or the population of America, Canada and Mexico, taken together.The first part of Ayushman Bharat – the health and wellness centres, was launched on BabasahebAmbedkar’s birth anniversary, and the second part – the health assurance scheme, is being launched two days before DeendayalUpadhyay’s birth anniversary.It would cover 1300 illnesses, including serious illnesses such as cancer and heart disease, private hospitals too would be part of this scheme., the amount of 5 lakhs would cover all investigations, medicine, pre-hospitalization expenses etc,it would also cover pre-existing illnesses,the States that are a part of PMJAY, people can get the benefit of the scheme in whichever of these States they go to more than 13,000 hospitals across the country have joined the scheme so far.The focus is on both “Affordable Healthcare” and “Preventive Healthcare.”
Prime Minister,Narendra Modi, launched the health assurance scheme: Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana – at Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2022.09.29Modi’s Tokyo visit: Abe power will continue to propel India-Japan ties
- Diplomacy2022.09.28War of narratives: Jaishankar takes on the US media for its “biased” coverages
- Diplomacy2022.09.28Days after Modi-Putin meeting, Lavrov backs India for UNSC seat
- India and the World2022.09.27India protests US’s F-16 funds for Pakistan: You are not fooling anybody