By Aditi Goyal
In a unique virtual conference that brings together senior ministers, policy-makers, business titans and thought leaders, the Horasis India Meeting will be held on June 22 to flesh out a vision for the world’s largest democracy as it maps its way out of the deadly coronavirus pandemic.
Co-hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the global visions community Horasis, the Virtual Meeting will take an in depth look at both the short-term and longer-term impact of the pandemic on the Indian economy and the country’s place in a post-Covid world order.
Around 400 delegates will interact with eminent speakers to jointly develop solutions for dealing with the current crisis to help shape a durable and resilient economic system for India’s and the world’s post-Covid future, said the organiser in a concept note.
“It is not the time to allow inward-looking policies to prevail. Many good ideas in science, economics and in social welfare are being developed world-wide,” said Frank-Jurgen Richter, Chairman, Horasis, a Switzerland-based think tank.
“The Indian government is working with its international partners to benefit from the might of India’s commercial, technological and scientific capabilities so as to make them available in the international battle against the Covid-19 virus and its many ramifications,” he said.
The day-long event will feature the crème de la crème of the political and business world, including Ram Madhav, National General Secretary, BJP; Farooq Sobhan, Former Foreign Secretary of Bangladesh; Ranil Wickremesinghe, Former Prime Minister of Sri Lanka; R Mukundan, Managing Director at Tata Chemicals; C. K. Ranganathan, Founder at CavinKare; Mukesh Aghi, President and CEO, US-India Strategic Partnership Forum, USA, Binod K. Chaudhary, President, Chaudhary Group, Nepal, Ashish Chauhan, Chief Executive Officer, Bombay Stock Exchange, Frank G. Wisner, Under Secretary of State (ret.); and Sujata Koirala, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal.
Politics in times of Pandemic
Manish Chand, Founder-CEO and Editor-in-Chief, India Writes Network and India and the World magazine, will speak at the conference and moderate a session on “Targeting the Politics during Pandemic.” The session on politics (scheduled for 3.30 pm IST) deserves attention from politicians and policy makers as it will deal with the all-important issues of the role of political opposition during an unprecedented national and international crisis like the coronavirus pandemic,” he said ahead of the Horasis India Meeting. “In such a huge humanitarian crisis, India and the world needs a new vision of creative and constructive politics that goes beyond self-serving agenda of politicians,” he said.
Sumantra Bose, Professor of International and Comparative Politics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE); Heewon Kim, Lecturer, Aston University, United Kingdom; Maya Tudor, Professor, Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University; Prerna Singh, Professor of Political Science and International Studies, Brown University, US; and Anjoo Sharan, Professor, Banaras Hindu University will speak at the session on politics and pandemic.
Targeting the Politics during post-Covid
June 22, 2020, 03:30 PM – 04:15 PM IST(+05:30)
For participation in Horasis India Meeting and this session:
Register here: https://lnkd.in/d8Xda8T
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldDecember 1, 2023COP28: PM Modi to pitch for accelerating climate finance
- India and the WorldNovember 30, 2023Inclusivity has been at the heart of India’s G20 Presidency: PM Modi
- India and the WorldNovember 23, 2023G20 Virtual Summit: Modi unveils new pro-South initiatives, voices concern over Israel-Hamas War
- India and the WorldNovember 15, 2023It’s time for Global South: India, South Africa, Cuba pitch for reforming global governance