It’s a special birthday for Prime Minister Narendra Modi – this is his fourth birthday after he took charge of the world’s most populous and chaotically exuberant democracy in the summer of 2014. PM Modi’s 68th birthday should be a time to celebrate as well as introspect on his unique journey from an ordinary tea-seller to the top position in the country.
Under his watch, India has emerged as the world’s fastest growing major economy and the country’s global standing has gone up, with his proactive development-focused diplomacy. There are also formidable economic challenges ahead, with soaring petrol prices and the Indian rupee hurtling in a free fall.
Taking a break from the hurly-burly of politics, Mr Modi has decided to celebrate his birthday with children from schools in Varanasi, the constituency he represents in the Indian parliament.
The spiritual glow of Varanasi, the world’s oldest living cosmological city, and the company of innocent children, should rejuvenate his spirits as he starts another year in his chequered life to lead the country of over 1.2 billion people to a brighter future and prepares to take on an emboldened opposition in the 2019 elections.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2020.09.23Defence and security cooperation was a key 21st century pillar for India and Africa : Jaishankar
- The Power of India2020.09.22We live in an international community linked together at multiple levels by multiple arrangements : Shringla
- India and the World2020.09.22The UN faces a crisis of confidence and today’s challenges cannot be fought with outdated structures : Modi
- The Power of India2020.09.21Our agriculture sector is in desperate need of latest technology that assists the industrious farmers :Modi