Get rid of tensions; don’t worry, be happy and serene. This was the message of India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi to work-burdened bureaucrats, signifying his belief in holistic living and its organic connection with good governance.
“A life which is full of tension cannot be productive, especially if you have to run the nation,” Mr Modi told bureaucrats at the Civil Services Day function in New Delhi a few days ago. “If you wither, then how will the nation blossom?” he stressed.
The prime minister asked the bureaucrats to step out of their robotic life, as it not only affected their family life, but most importantly their work. He urged them to step up to their work in order to make effective governance. He cited an example of Indian statesman, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who worked tirelessly for the nation’s integration. “I want you to think that despite being at home you are not really present there thinking of files and other work related matters.” “There is a need for socio-economic integration, perfection and capacity building,” Mr Modi added.
Mr Modi’s message has struck a chord with the country’s bureaucrats who are often found griping about work overload and the skewed work-life balance. The overarching message that a tension-free existence will enhance the quality of governance should be heeded not only in India, but across the world.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Emerging Powers/BRICS2023.06.02Mutual respect and complete consensus,that is the hallmark of BRICS : Jaishankar
- India and the World2023.05.19With Global South on mind, Modi touches down in Hiroshima for G7 summit
- India and the World2023.04.28A Time for Global South in G20
- India and the World2023.04.26Continent of Hope: It’s Time for Compact with Africa 2.0