Pakistan-sponsored savagery has struck Jammu and Kashmir again, with terrorists linked to Jaish e-Mohammad, an anti-India militant outfit controlled by Pakistan’s military-intelligence establishment launching the deadliest terror strike in the Valley.
The cold-blooded slaughter of 37 personnel of CRPF by Jaish e-Mohammed by a suicide bomber has shocked and enraged India. The world promptly rallied behind India in an act of solidarity, with major strategic partners like the US, France, Russia and neighbouring countries condemning the barbaric terror attack.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi indicated tough action against the perpetrators of the Pulwama massacre by declaring that “sacrifices of our brave personnel will not go in vain.”
“This heinous and despicable act has been perpetrated by Jaish-e-Mohammed, a Pakistan-based and supported terrorist organisation proscribed by the United Nations and other countries,” said India’s external affairs in a strongly-worded statement.
“This terror group is led by the international terrorist Masood Azhar, who has been given full freedom by Government of Pakistan to operate and expand his terror infrastructure in territories under the control of Pakistan and to carry out attacks in India and elsewhere with impunity.”
India made it clear that it is “firmly and resolutely committed to take all necessary measures to safeguard national security,” and put Pakistan on notice. “We are equally resolved to fight against the menace of terrorism. We demand that Pakistan stop supporting terrorists and terror groups operating from their territory and dismantle the infrastructure operated by terrorist outfits to launch attacks in other countries.”
India also renewed its appeal to all members of the international community “to support the proposal to list terrorists, including JeM Chief Masood Azhar, as a designated terrorist under the 1267 Sanctions Committee of the UN Security Council and to ban terrorist organisations operating from territories controlled by Pakistan.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2020.10.21Ahead of India-US 2+ 2 dialogue, US pitches for ‘regularized’ Quad
- Business with India2020.10.16We have moved from G-7 to G-20 : S. Jaishankar
- THE QUOTE HANGER2020.10.15“Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.” Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Books / Poetry2020.10.13A Poem by Louis Gluck: The Night Migrations