Underscoring China’s robust resolve to win the battle against the coronavirus threat, Chinese Ambassador to India Sun Weidong called for greater India-China solidarity in the face of the raging epidemic and urged New Delhi to resume normal trade and travel between the two countries.Invoking the humanitarian spirit, the Chinese envoy hoped that India would review measures it has taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus in an “objective, rational and calm manner” to normalise exchanges of personnel and trade between the two countries. He also urged India to lift restrictions on export of medical supplies in “humanitarian spirit”.
The ambassador said that China and India are actively collaborating on epidemic prevention and control and stressed that China keeps India informed and updated of the epidemic. “The Chinese Foreign Ministry and relevant local governments have held briefings in China. The Chinese Embassy has also established a contact mechanism with the Ministry of Health of India,” he said at a press conference in New Delhi on February 18.“We provided necessary assistance and convenience for the return of Indian citizens in Hubei, and ensured the health and safety of Indian nationals in China,” he added.
The Chinese envoy also underscored high stakes of the global community, including India, in China’s early victory over the epidemic.China and India are the only two major developing countries in the world. As ancient civilizations, both countries have wisdom to offer inspiration to address challenges facing the world today. Improving public health security is our common goal. We can strengthen cooperation and exchanges of experience in this regard.“China’s early victory over the epidemic will be beneficial to the development of both China and India as well as the global economy. It will help bilateral economic and trade cooperation get back on track. In this context, helping China is actually helping yourself,” he said.
Underlining China’s commanding place in the global supply chain, the envoy said that “China’s economy is stable and strong like a mountain.”“The fierce wind could blow down the trees but not the mountain. It’s easier to shake a mountain than China. We firmly believe that with the strong leadership of the CPC, the strength of the China’s system, the unity of the great Chinese people and the strong support from the international community, we will win this battle against the epidemic.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal