” As a close neighbour, we are delighted to see India’s rapid march on the path of development and its rising global stature.Beyond the respective border, our two countries do share a dream of regional prosperity and better regional cooperation.We believe that the SAARC and the BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) do not substitute but complement each other.We can easily say that the difficult times could have been avoided had we seen things in more enlightened perspective and judged things better.Nonetheless, good thing is that even in difficult times, we remained engaged and remained sincerely effortful to free ourselves from those intermittent irritants. We did not let such irritants undermine the strong foundation of our relations. We need to look forward, not backward.”
Former Nepalese Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal “Prachanda” said while delivering speech at the Sapru House.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- China Connect2020.11.23China-India G20 connect: Xi, Modi bat for multilateralism
- Diplomacy2020.11.18Putin calls BRICS nations to join forces for Covid vaccine production
- Diplomacy2020.11.18Xi calls on BRICS to hold aloft banner of multilateralism
- India and the World2020.11.17BRICS@12: Modi calls terrorism biggest problem, pitches for spurring UN reforms