“We want to build India as the driver in electric vehicles. We want to drive investments in battery, smart charging to electric vehicle manufacturing. A stable electric vehicle policy is in the works. It will be designed as a win-win for all and will become an enabler for creating huge opportunities for all. Clean mobility is our weapon against climate change. We should champion the idea of clean kilometers. This could be achieved by investing in bio-fuel, electric vehicles and solar charging. An electric vehicle, in particular, can complement our investment in renewable energy,ISRO uses one of the best battery systems to run satellite in space. Other institutions can partner with ISRO to develop battery technology for cars, Road transport accounts for one-fifth of global pollution.It is the next frontier in our fight against climate change. Better mobility can lead to better jobs, better quality of life, expand economic activity and protect the planet.Thus the mobility sector will bring larger outcomes. Indian has some competitive advantage.We have fewer vehicle per capita than other major economies.Thus we do not carry much of the baggage like other economies.We can thus create an all-new seamless mobility.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said at the inaugural of MOVE Global Mobility Summit that laid emphasis on electric transportation.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.03.05Connectivity with Bangladesh is of prime importance, says Jaishankar in Dhaka
- India and the World2021.03.01Environment in the Media webinar: It’s time for world to unite against global warming
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region