Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced Rs 500 crore-package for the flood-hit Kerala.
“I salute the people of Kerala for their fighting spirit. I compliment the authorities for their efforts in this adverse situation. I would also like to appreciate the wide support and solidarity from people across India towards Kerala during this unprecedented situation,” said Mr Modi while reviewing the flood situation in Kerala on August 18.
“We made the situation very clear in front of the prime minister. The prime minister has announced Rs 500cr more than what was announced earlier (Rs 100cr). The situation is grave in Kerala. We must stand together. The prime minister has understood the situation very well. The Revenue Department officials were also there with us (during the meeting),” said Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on flood situation in Kerala
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2020.11.24India eyes closer ties with Bahrain, UAE, and Seychelles
- China Connect2020.11.23China-India G20 connect: Xi, Modi bat for multilateralism
- Diplomacy2020.11.18Putin calls BRICS nations to join forces for Covid vaccine production
- Diplomacy2020.11.18Xi calls on BRICS to hold aloft banner of multilateralism