“ Responsibility to strongly respond to any attempt to divide country.It is our responsibility to strongly respond to any kind of attempt to divide the country. We should always be alert and be united as a society. Bow to the great Sardar Patel, the stalwart who unified India. I am surprised when some people in this country look at our campaign through political lenses. We are criticised when we praise someone like Sardar Patel and this other great men of the country. We are made to feel that we have committed a grave crime. Statue reflects India’s engineering, technical capabilities. This is a project that we had thought about during the time when I was the chief minister of Gujarat. To build the Statue Of Unity, lakhs of farmers from all over India came together, gave their tools, portions of soil and thus, a mass movement started. Events like today are very, very important in a country’s history and such events are difficult to erase. It is a historic and inspiring occasion for all Indians. I am fortunate to dedicate this statue of Sardar Sahab to the nation. Historic event for all Indians.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on unveiling the Statue of Unity in Gujarat’s Narmada district. The 182-metre statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is touted to be the world’s tallest.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.10.20India, EU review 2025 roadmap, agree to advance FTA talks
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific