[youtube id=”vvE2CXuQXMs” mode=”normal”]Call it smart diplomacy, if you like. Dovetailing diplomacy and development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled his mission of building 100 smart cities in India and has reached out to some of India’s key partners, including the US, Japan, Singapore, China and Australia.
The smart city diplomacy will be in spotlight during the forthcoming visit of US President Barack Obama to India as the guest of honour at the Republic Day celebrations. The two countries are expected to seal agreements on the US companies deploying their expertise and technologies to help transform Allahabad, Ajmer and Visakhapatnam into smart cities. The agreement would involve the US partnering in the transformation of the three cities as a knowledge partner in the areas of traffic management, solid waste management, garbage disposal, and water storage.
Forging knowledge partnership built around infrastructure transformation and skill building is the way to go… This is the true meaning of Chalein Saath Saath. The defining partnership of the 21st century, as President Obama has said famously, is set to find home in smart eco-friendly cities that promises to transform the urban landscape of India. Think smart, act smart: And let a hundred smart cities bloom!
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific
- What they Say2021.09.24Kamala Harris inspiration for the world: Modi
- Diplomacy2021.09.24India, Australia PMs discuss Covid-19, clean energy amid AUKUS row