[youtube id=”vvE2CXuQXMs” mode=”normal”]Call it smart diplomacy, if you like. Dovetailing diplomacy and development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled his mission of building 100 smart cities in India and has reached out to some of India’s key partners, including the US, Japan, Singapore, China and Australia.
The smart city diplomacy will be in spotlight during the forthcoming visit of US President Barack Obama to India as the guest of honour at the Republic Day celebrations. The two countries are expected to seal agreements on the US companies deploying their expertise and technologies to help transform Allahabad, Ajmer and Visakhapatnam into smart cities. The agreement would involve the US partnering in the transformation of the three cities as a knowledge partner in the areas of traffic management, solid waste management, garbage disposal, and water storage.
Forging knowledge partnership built around infrastructure transformation and skill building is the way to go… This is the true meaning of Chalein Saath Saath. The defining partnership of the 21st century, as President Obama has said famously, is set to find home in smart eco-friendly cities that promises to transform the urban landscape of India. Think smart, act smart: And let a hundred smart cities bloom!
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldMarch 2, 2024Jaishankar charts India’s ascent to a leading power
- India and the WorldMarch 1, 2024India-Mauritius Connect: From Runways to RuPay
- India and the WorldFebruary 28, 2024Gaza crisis: Jaishankar pitches for sustainable solution, says terror unacceptable
- India and the WorldFebruary 26, 2024Raisina Call: It’s time for a female UN Secretary-General