Saudi Arabia conferred its highest civilian honour, the King Abdulaziz Sash, on India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The award is named after Abdulaziz Al Saud, the founder of the modern Saudi state. Mr Modi received the prestigious award by King Salman bin Abdulaziz at the Royal Court where they held extensive talks on bilateral, regional and international issues.
“In a special gesture, PM Modi was conferred Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian honour, the King Abdulaziz Sash,” external affairs ministry spokesman Vikas Swarup tweeted.
Among other prominent recipients of this honour are US President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister David Cameron, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Indonesian President Joko Widodo. The order is awarded to citizens of Saudi Arabia and foreigners for meritorious service to the Kingdom.
Mr Modi gifted Saudi King Salman a gold-plated replica of a mosque in Kerala that was built by Arab traders in the early seventh century. King Salman has also accepted Mr Modi’s invitation to pay an official visit to India at a mutually convenient time.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- What they Say2021.06.21Yoga a source of inner strength: PM Modi
- Culture2021.06.21Yoga a ray of hope & confidence in time of pandemic: PM Modi
- Africa Insights2021.06.17India-Eswatini Ties on Higher Trajectory
- India and the World2021.06.16US, Russia will launch strategic stability dialogue, talks positive: Biden