In an attempt to broaden cooperation in combating the Islamic State(IS), US President Barack Obama discussed with UK Prime Minister David Cameron, the fight against the (IS) group, according to a statement from the White House
On December 5, Mr Obama “welcomed the outcome of the vote and expressed his appreciation” that the UK has joined thecounter-IS campaign in Syria, according to the White House. Britain’s House of Commons on December 2 had voted to support a government motion on extending British airstrikes against IS in Syria.
“The leaders discussed further steps that can be taken to degrade and destroy IS,” said the White House. They noted that all countries were welcome to join the existing fighting—IS coalition, “if their political and military objectives in Syria were consistent with those of the coalition”, it added. Mr. Cameron is also said to have extended condolences over the loss of life in December 2 San Bernardino shootings in California.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented