Terror once again struck Nigeria, Africa’s most populous state, with three people being killed and six others injured in suicide attacks in the country’s northeast province Borno. Boko Haram is said to be behind the attacks.
Two bombers blew themselves up on December 4 at a security checkpoint outside Sabon Gari village in Biu district, 180 kilometres (110 miles) south of state capital Maiduguri. The blasts killied two civilian vigilantes and injured four people.
A young male bomber earlier riding a motorcycle detonated his explosives in nearby Kimba village, killing one person and injuring two others. “Three people, including two of our colleagues, died in two suicide blasts in Sabon Gari and Kimba villages,” said Mustapha Karimbe, a civilian vigilante from Biu, 35 kilometres from the blast scenes.
The neighbouring villages along with Biu have been repeatedly hit by suicide and bomb attacks. Boko Haram’s six-year old insurgency has killed 17,000 people and displaced 2.1 million others.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.09.29Modi’s Tokyo visit: Abe power will continue to propel India-Japan ties
- Diplomacy2022.09.28War of narratives: Jaishankar takes on the US media for its “biased” coverages
- Diplomacy2022.09.28Days after Modi-Putin meeting, Lavrov backs India for UNSC seat
- India and the World2022.09.27India protests US’s F-16 funds for Pakistan: You are not fooling anybody