India’s Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held talks with Qatar’s deputy prime minister and his South Korean counterpart separately on January 4 to discuss ways to boost bilateral cooperation in defence with the two countries. The Qatari and the South Korean ministers will also participate in the DefExpo in Lucknow, being held from February 5 to 9.
During their delegation-level talks with Qatari deputy PM and Minister of State (MoS) for Defense Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah, the two ministers reiterated their commitment to strengthen cooperation, including close defence industry-to-industry ties. The Qatari minister inspected the Tri-Service Guard of Honour after he was received by MoS Shripad Naik.
“Today’s discussions will add new vigour to India-Qatar Defence relations,” Mr Singh later tweeted. Mr Singh also held talks with South Korean Defence Minister Jeong Kyeongdoo in which both ministers stressed on enhancing cooperation in defence industry, and research and development. “The roadmap lists a number of possible areas of cooperation, including research and development. It also promotes investment in Defence Industrial Corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu,” the ministry said in a statement. “Several subjects pertaining to deepening bilateral defence cooperation were discussed. Our talks were extremely fruitful,” Mr Singh said on Twitter.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- China Connect2020.11.23China-India G20 connect: Xi, Modi bat for multilateralism
- Diplomacy2020.11.18Putin calls BRICS nations to join forces for Covid vaccine production
- Diplomacy2020.11.18Xi calls on BRICS to hold aloft banner of multilateralism
- India and the World2020.11.17BRICS@12: Modi calls terrorism biggest problem, pitches for spurring UN reforms