India’s Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held talks with Qatar’s deputy prime minister and his South Korean counterpart separately on January 4 to discuss ways to boost bilateral cooperation in defence with the two countries. The Qatari and the South Korean ministers will also participate in the DefExpo in Lucknow, being held from February 5 to 9.
During their delegation-level talks with Qatari deputy PM and Minister of State (MoS) for Defense Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah, the two ministers reiterated their commitment to strengthen cooperation, including close defence industry-to-industry ties. The Qatari minister inspected the Tri-Service Guard of Honour after he was received by MoS Shripad Naik.
“Today’s discussions will add new vigour to India-Qatar Defence relations,” Mr Singh later tweeted. Mr Singh also held talks with South Korean Defence Minister Jeong Kyeongdoo in which both ministers stressed on enhancing cooperation in defence industry, and research and development. “The roadmap lists a number of possible areas of cooperation, including research and development. It also promotes investment in Defence Industrial Corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu,” the ministry said in a statement. “Several subjects pertaining to deepening bilateral defence cooperation were discussed. Our talks were extremely fruitful,” Mr Singh said on Twitter.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2020.06.01India, Africa should accelerate UNSC reforms: South Africa’s BRICS Sherpa
- News2020.05.30The present and future of 130 crore will never be dictated by an adversity : Modi
- China Connect2020.05.28India-China border stand-off: Chinese envoy calls for settling amicably, invokes close ties
- Diplomacy2020.05.27Trump offers to mediate in India-China border standoff