“All this makes her exceptionally well-placed to lead our research department at this important juncture. I am delighted to name such a talented figure as our chief economist.”
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has announced the appointment of Gita Gopinath as its chief economist. IMF managing director Christine Lagarde described Gita as one of the world’s outstanding economists.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2020.06.04India, Australia elevate partnership; sign seven agreements
- Diplomacy2020.06.04Virtual summit: India, Australia elevate ties, sign maritime declaration
- Business with India2020.06.02Modi revives hope: Yes, India will get economic growth back
- India and the World2020.06.02Trump brainwave: Ring out G7, ring in G10 with India on board