“There have been occasional incidents in the border areas due to differing perceptions about the Line of Actual Control. However, both countries have always managed to resolve these incidents peacefully through dialogue on the ground as well as through diplomatic channels. It is noteworthy that over the last four decades not a single bullet has been fired across the India-China border and peace and tranquility have been maintained in border areas. This shows that we are both mature countries, capable of peacefully resolving our differences,We have been meeting regularly on the sidelines of multilateral summits as well. Such frequent interactions and close communication have been very useful in building mutual trust at the leadership level and allowing it to percolate to other levels. We look forward to receiving President Xi in India in the coming year for our next informal summit.Both India and China are members of various multilateral mechanisms, such as East Asia Summit, BRICS, Shanghai Cooperation Organization, G-20 and many others. From environment to trade to reform of institutions of global governance, there are a number of issues of global importance where India and China have a long history of cooperation and leadership.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about Doklam, a disputed border area in Bhutan, where Indian and Chinese troops where locked in a stand-off for more than two months.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.08.17India with France: Modi, Macron discuss civil nuclear energy, defence, food security
- India and the World2022.08.16Quad is about seascape, not landscape: Tomohiko Taniguchi
- India and the World2022.08.15India@100: PM Modi unveils next steps for making India a developed nation by 2047
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth