“ADB’s operations for India will maintain high level of lending, amounting to a total of $7-9 billion over the next three years,” said ADB president Takehiko Nakao in New Delhi on August 27.
Takehiho Nakao, who is in India for his two-day visit, also added that ADB would also provide USD 30 million for technical assistance grants, especially for institution and capacity building at the state and local levels.
These announcements came a day after the multilateral funding agency raised $ 50 million from its first ever issuance of offshore Indian rupee-linked bonds, as part of ADB’s $ 500 million offshore rupee-linked bond programme.
According to an ADB press release on August 26, the issuance of offshore Indian rupee bonds seeks to develop India’s capital markets,
“There is clear demand for bonds linked to the Indian economy, Asia’s third largest, and the reception to ADB’s inaugural rupee-linked bond is reflective of this,” said Kazuki Fukunaga, ADB Deputy Treasurer.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region
- Diplomacy2021.02.22PM Morrison reaches out to India amid Australia v/s Facebook tussle
- India and the World2021.02.18Forging closer India-EU partnership in Indo-Pacific