Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is set to fight crime in real life, as he joins the Interpol as an ambassador for its Turn Back Crime Campaign.
“It’s a very special honour to be a part of Interpol’s Turn Back Crime Campaign as an ambassador…I believe we can, we should, and we must stand together against the few who commit crimes against any human being, in whatever form or guise these crimes might take,” said Khan in an Interpol press release.
Interpol’s initiative Turn Back Crime seeks to raise public awareness about how organised crime is mutually reinforcing.
Drug trafficking, human trafficking, counterfeiting, cyber crime, kidnapping, crimes against children and corruption in sport are often interconnected, as profits made in one crime is used to finance crime in another.
It also highlights the dangers of organized crime and its effect on our day-to-day lives. Interpol will use multifarious media channels to advice the general public, business, and government on ways to stay safe and encourage them to help decrease the effects of crime on communities.
“Shah Rukh Khan has dedicated his life to making films which reflect the highest level of professionalism and commitment to bringing joy into the lives of hundreds of millions of filmgoers in India and around the world,” said Ronald K Noble, secretary-general of Interpol
The announcement makes Shah Rukh Khan the first Indian to be made ambassador of the global anti-crime campaign. Khan joins action movie icon Jackie Chan as the other ambassadors for this initiative.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific
- What they Say2021.09.24Kamala Harris inspiration for the world: Modi