” They are (missile system purchase from Russia and oil from Iran) part of the conversation. They will certainly come up, but I don’t think they will be the primary focus of what it is we are trying to accomplish here. There are half-a-dozen things on the agenda that we are really intent on making progress on.Those decisions are important, they are important to the relationship for sure, but I don’t see us resolving those or have the intention to resolve those during this set of meetings of the strategic dialogue. They are really about things that are big and strategic and will go on for 20, 40, 50 years. Those are the kinds of topics that secretary Mattis and I are hoping to address not that those are not important, but they are not part of the structural relationship between the two countries.I regret it was my fault the second time.
“I had to travel to Pyongyang. But secretary Mattis and I are both looking forward to this. We have a true strategic partner who, frankly, is our only major defence partner, right, the only designated major defense partner, with whom we have a great relationship and who is very important to our success in our Indo-Pacific strategy enormous country with incredibly opportunity and capacity for wealth creation. We hope we can find opportunities to continue to expand the relationship not only diplomatic and military-to-military but a good set of business relationships as well.”
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo , ahead of the Inaugural 2+2 dialogue between the foreign and defence ministers of India and the US in New Delhi on September 6.
- Politics2019.04.23The weapon of terrorism is IED, the strength of democracy is voter’s ID.Voter’s ID is much much more powerful than an IED : Modi
- Dispatch and News2019.04.23India stands in solidarity with the people of Sri Lanka.There is no place for such barbarism in our region: Modi
- THE QUOTE HANGER2019.04.19
- Dispatch and News2019.04.19Saudi Arabia will host the annual G20 leaders’ summit on November 2020