” They are (missile system purchase from Russia and oil from Iran) part of the conversation. They will certainly come up, but I don’t think they will be the primary focus of what it is we are trying to accomplish here. There are half-a-dozen things on the agenda that we are really intent on making progress on.Those decisions are important, they are important to the relationship for sure, but I don’t see us resolving those or have the intention to resolve those during this set of meetings of the strategic dialogue. They are really about things that are big and strategic and will go on for 20, 40, 50 years. Those are the kinds of topics that secretary Mattis and I are hoping to address not that those are not important, but they are not part of the structural relationship between the two countries.I regret it was my fault the second time.
“I had to travel to Pyongyang. But secretary Mattis and I are both looking forward to this. We have a true strategic partner who, frankly, is our only major defence partner, right, the only designated major defense partner, with whom we have a great relationship and who is very important to our success in our Indo-Pacific strategy enormous country with incredibly opportunity and capacity for wealth creation. We hope we can find opportunities to continue to expand the relationship not only diplomatic and military-to-military but a good set of business relationships as well.”
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo , ahead of the Inaugural 2+2 dialogue between the foreign and defence ministers of India and the US in New Delhi on September 6.
- Business with India2018.12.14I am glad that Myanmar is already reforming its policies to attract business and capital : Kovind
- Politics2018.12.12BJP accept the people’s mandate with humility.Victory and defeat are an integral part of life : Modi
- Business with India2018.12.10India under the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has carried out some really fundamental reforms : IMF
- Dispatch and News2018.12.08America’s unjust and illegal sanctions against the honourable nation of Iran have targeted our nation in a clear instance of terrorism: Rouhani