Mr Modi, who is known to be a tech savvy Prime Minister, launched a new mobile application- the ‘Narendra Modi Mobile App’- which will provide users with a direct interface with the PM. This is another in the long list of technology enabled outreach ideas which Mr Modi has launched in his year in office to stay connected with the public, others being the updating of social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook), radio programs, his own website and the citizen engagement portal MyGov.in
The Prime Minster’s tweet after he launched the app, called out to people to stay connected on the mobile with government business and welcomed feedback.
The app will give users instant updates about news related to PM’s office, access to the Mr Modi’s blogs, the government’s local and global initiatives, and links to speeches and monthly radio programme-‘Mann ki Baat.’ The interface also allows for users to post messages and feedback to directly connect with the Prime Minister and share their ideas and suggestions.
The app seems to be a one-stop-shop for updates on various governance initiatives, programs and achievements. It also gives users an insight into the PM’s life through its biography section.
The app is live now on Google Play Store and can be downloaded by Android users free of cost.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2022.09.28War of narratives: Jaishankar takes on the US media for its “biased” coverages
- Diplomacy2022.09.28Days after Modi-Putin meeting, Lavrov backs India for UNSC seat
- India and the World2022.09.27India protests US’s F-16 funds for Pakistan: You are not fooling anybody
- Diplomacy2022.09.25Taliban demands apology from Pakistan for calling Afghanistan a hub of terrorism