On March 7, 2021, India and Germany marked the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations. The two countries are commemorating the anniversary with a number of events that are planned to be held in India and Germany through 2021-2022.As part of these celebrations, both the Department of Posts (DOP), Govt of India and the Postage Stamp Division, German Federal Ministry of Finance will issue commemorative stamps. The Indian stamp has been designed by Ms. Gulistan and the German stamp has been designed by Matthias Wittig.The Indian stamp was released by Harsh Vardhan Shringla, Foreign Secretary with Shri Vineet Pandey, Secretary, Posts and Mr. Walter Lindner, German Ambassador to India on June 10, 2021.
In his remarks, India’s Foreign Secretary highlighted the foundation of close political and economic ties and a strong people-to-people connect that characterise the India-Germany relationship and spoke about longstanding collaboration in health, R&D and higher education which has been of particular significance during the Covid-19 pandemic. Mr Shringla also underlined the importance of close cooperation with Germany in the post-pandemic world to ensure a multipolar and rules-based order and conveyed his greetings to the people of both the countries on this important milestone of 70 years of diplomatic relations.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What they Say2021.06.21Yoga a source of inner strength: PM Modi
- Culture2021.06.21Yoga a ray of hope & confidence in time of pandemic: PM Modi
- Africa Insights2021.06.17India-Eswatini Ties on Higher Trajectory
- India and the World2021.06.16US, Russia will launch strategic stability dialogue, talks positive: Biden