SAMARKAND: Underlining India’s economic growth in the time of the pandemic, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made an eloquent case for improving connectivity and making India a manufacturing hub at the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit held Samarkand, the cultural capital of Samarkand.
In his remarks at the SCO summit, PM Modi also showcased India’s people-centric development model in the presence of the leaders from 15 countries. “We are focussing on people-centric development model. We are supporting innovation in every sector. Today there are more than 70,000 start-ups and over 100 unicorns in our country,” PM Modi said on September 16.
“The world is overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic. Several disruptions occurred in the global supply chain because of the COVID and Ukraine crisis. We want to transform India into a manufacturing hub,” PM Modi said.
Highlighting India’s growth story, PM Modi said that India is of the fastest growing economies among the largest economies of the world. India’s economy is expected to grow at the rate of 7.5% this year. I’m glad that ours is one of the fastest growing economies among the largest economies of the world,” he said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- DiplomacySeptember 20, 2023Inclusive Development & G20: Progress & Prospects
- India and the WorldSeptember 16, 2023G20 has a critical role in protecting rules-based global order: Experts
- Africa InsightsSeptember 13, 2023G20 Connect: Africa, India, South Africa and Global South
- DiplomacySeptember 11, 2023Bringing Development Agenda to Centrestage: Accelerating Achievement of SDGs