In a strong message to Pakistan, the RSS, the ideological mentor of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), has asserted that the whole of undivided Kashmir, including Mirpur, Muzaffarabad and Gilgit-Baltistan, belongs to India and warned Islamabad against encouraging separatist forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
In a speech at the annual Dussehra rally in Nagpur on October 11, the headquarters of RSS, Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat backed the government’s surgical strikes against Pakistan and underlined that there is a limit to tolerance. Mr Bhagwat’s remarks reinforced the ruling establishment’s growing exasperation with Islamabad which is resorting to diversionary tactics, rather than addressing India’s concerns over cross-border terrorism.
“Pakistan is encouraging separatist forces in Kashmir. A large part of Kashmir is free of tension; we must act against those indulging in violence, strict action should be taken,” Mr Bhagwat said.
“Pakistan has got the message that there is a limit to our tolerance,” he stressed in his speech at double celebrations of Vijaya Dashmi and the 91st foundation day of RSS.
Seeking to corner Pakistan on the Kashmir issue, Mr Bhagwat stressed that the whole of Kashmir is an integral part of India. “Entire Kashmir including Mirpur, Muzaffarabad and Gilgit-Baltistan belongs to India”, he said.
The RSS chief was all praise for the Narendra Modi government to launch surgical strikes against terrorist camps in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. “I heartily congratulate our Government and our valorous soldiers and all the wings of our Armed Forces for carrying out surgical strikes. The government at Centre has taken a commendable step by carrying out surgical strikes at LoC. However, our borders should be guarded and well managed,” he said.
“India is progressing under Prime Minister Narendra Modi; however, there are some parts of the world which do not want to see India progress,” he said in an all-obvious reference to Pakistan.
The RSS chief’s speech has underscored the ruling dispensation’s muscular no-nonsense approach towards dealing with Pakistan which continues to brazenly use cross-border terrorism against India. With the elections in Uttar Pradesh barely months away, the RSS chief’s remarks, along with Mr Modi’s hint that this Dusshera is special, indicate that the BJP is set to tom-tom surgical strikes in its campaign to win India’s most populous state which sends 80 MPs to the Indian parliament.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- China Connect2020.11.28A New Start, A New Journey
- Diplomacy2020.11.26India-Italy Connect: The Road Ahead (WEBINAR VIDEO)
- India and the World2020.11.25Italian envoy calls for rebalancing Europe-China ties, pitches for enhanced defence ties with India
- Diplomacy2020.11.24India eyes closer ties with Bahrain, UAE, and Seychelles