Amid growing number of confirmed coronavirus cases in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation on March 19 (8 pm IST) to update the citizens on the ongoing efforts against coronavirus and also to urge them to adhere to the preventive measures.
On March 18, he had chaired a high-level meeting to review the ongoing efforts. During his address on March 19, PM Modi will talk about the risks from Covid-19 and the efforts being undertaken by the government to contain the infection.
At the review meeting, he had discussed ways to strengthen India’s preparedness, including increasing the number of Covid-19 testing facilities, the government said in a statement.
Modi emphasized on actively engaging local communities and organisations in efforts to curb the spread. He also urged the officials and subject experts to deliberate on the next steps to prevent further escalation of the situation, the statement said.
Since its outbreak in China last year, Covid-19 has spread to over 160 countries, infecting more than 200,000 people and killing 8,249 people, according to various news reports.
In India, there have been three deaths so far: one each in Karnataka, Delhi, and Maharashtra.
PM Modi has also pushed for a G-20 leaders’ virtual summit to discuss the coronavirus situation globally to advance a joint fight against the pandemic, which has hurt the global economy as well.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.01.19Modi set to visit UK for G7, Johnson likely to visit India
- China Connect2021.01.16Xi’s ‘cloud diplomacy’ helps world emerge from pandemic with enhanced solidarity
- India and the World2021.01.16Pharma Pride: PM Modi leads world’s biggest vaccination drive
- News2021.01.16World hasn’t seen vaccination drive of this level ever.Indian response to Corona has been acknowledged globally: PM