In his latest telephonic conversation with Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on March 7, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed “deep concern” about the festering humanitarian crisis in the war-scarred country and called for quick and safe evacuation of the remaining Indian students in Ukraine.
President Zelenskyy updated PM Modi in detail about the conflict situation and the ongoing negotiations between Ukraine and Russia. PM Modi “expressed deep concern about the ongoing conflict and resultant humanitarian crisis,” said a statement by India’s external affairs ministry.
PM Modi reiterated his call for immediate cessation of violence and underlined that India has always stood for peaceful resolution of issues and direct dialogue between the two parties.
The Indian leader thanked Ukrainian authorities for their facilitation in evacuating more than 20000 Indian citizens from Ukraine. There are still over 700 Indian students stuck in Sumi. The Indian government has accelerated efforts and is in touch with both Russia and Ukraine to bring them back home safely.
The Russian military has declared a temporary ceasefire and decided to open humanitarian corridors in several Ukrainian cities, including the capital Kyiv on March 7. Many Ukrainian cities have reported deaths and widespread damage as the two sides prepare for a third round of peace talks, likely March 7.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi
- India and the World2022.05.02Modi, German Chancellor discuss Ukraine, Indo-Pacific