Sporting an exuberantly coloured turban, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled his inspiring vision of making India great on the 75th anniversary of country’s independence that pivoted around creating world-class infrastructure and equitable prosperity.
“It is essential to fully utilise the capabilities of India to take it to new heights in the 21st century. For this, we have to hold hands of the section that is lagging behind,” said PM Modi, his colourful turban from Kutch glittering in summer morning.
“Today, the world can see that there is no dearth of political will in India. Good and smart governance is needed to bring reforms. The world is a witness to how India is writing a new chapter of governance,” he said.
In a speech that contained in a miniature his vision of India in the next 25 years when India turns 100 in 2047, PM Modi exhorted Indians to take a firm resolve to take their nation to new heights. “A resolve will remain incomplete till it is not matched with valour and hard work. Therefore, we have to achieve all our resolves through ultimate valour and hard work,” Mr Modi said from the ramparts of the majestic 17th century Red Fort.
“We have to march with new pledges for next 25 years. We have to ensure we meet our goal of building Aatmanirbhar Bharat when we celebrate 100 years of India’s Independence,” he said.
Known for coining new slogans, PM Modi added ‘Sabka Prayas’ (everyone’s efforts), along with ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’ for building a new India.
Mr Modi’s speech was permeated with sentiments of national glory and his pet ideas about smart governance, equity and financial inclusion.
“We have to work together for the next-generation infrastructure, world-class manufacturing, cutting innovations and new-age technology.”
“Along with modern infrastructure, India needs to adopt a holistic approach in infrastructure construction,” said the 70-year-old leader, who was making his 7th Independence Day speech since he became prime minister of India in the summer of 2014.
Highlights of PM Modi’s Independence Day Speech on August 15, 2021
- 75th Independence Day should not be merely a ceremony.
- To honour the pain and suffering faced by people during the partition, the prime minister said that August 14 will now be observed as “Partition Horrors Remembrance Day.”
- Today, governmental schemes have picked up pace and are reaching their goals. From Ujjwala to Ayushman Bharat, the poor of the nation knows the strength and impact of these schemes.
- Over 4.5 crore new households have received piped water supply within two years of ‘Jal Jeevan Mission.’
- We have to bridge the gap between lives in villages and cities and reach out to the deprived communities. For this, reservation is being ensured for Dalits, STs, backwards, general category poor.
- The Northeast region, the Himalayan region, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, the coastal belt and tribal regions will make a foundation for India’s development in the future. Development should be inclusive, he added.
- For this, capitals of northeast states to be soon connected with railways and the entire region will get connected with Bangladesh, Myanmar, southeast Asia for better opportunities.
- In terms of Jammu and Kashmir, development is visible on ground, delimitation exercise is on and preparations for assembly polls are underway in the UT.
- We are witnessing rapid transformation of our villages. In the past few years, facilities like roads and electricity have reached villages.
- Today, the optical fiber network is providing the power of data to villages, and the internet is reaching there. Digital entrepreneurs are getting ready in villages too.
- Small farmers, who own less than 2 hectares of land, must become the country’s pride. In the coming years, we will increase the collective power of small farmers and give them new facilities.
- India will launch ‘Pradhan Mantri Gatishakti National Master Plan’, a 100 lakh crore national infrastructure master plan which will create a foundation for holistic infrastructure and give an integrated pathway to our economy.
- Gatishakti will help local manufacturers turn globally competitive and develop possibilities of new future economic zones. It will also provide employment opportunities for the youth.
- Today, the world can see that there is no dearth of political will in India. Good and smart governance is needed to bring reforms. The world is a witness to how India is writing a new chapter of governance.
- For the all-round development of the nation, it is essential to end the unnecessary interference of government and government procedures in the lives of people.
- Seventy-five Vande Bharat trains will connect every corner of India in 75 weeks of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence.
- Efforts have increased in the last 7 years to free the people from unnecessary laws and procedures. Several unnecessary laws have been scrapped so far.
- The government’s New Education Policy is a means to fight poverty, it will focus on encouraging teaching in regional languages.
- We have to ensure India becomes self-reliant in energy production.
- Even during the pandemic, India has been receiving its highest foreign investment with its forex reserves being at an all-time high.
- India is fighting challenges of terrorism and expansionism and dealing with them with great courage.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi
- India and the World2022.05.02Modi, German Chancellor discuss Ukraine, Indo-Pacific