Iconic Indian politician, a brilliant orator and tireless foreign minister who imparted a new resonance to diplomacy with a human face, Sushma Swaraj died of heart attack in New Delhi, brining to “an end a glorious chapter in Indian politics.”
Swaraj’s sudden death triggered an outpouring of national grief, with politicians straddling the ideological divide showering heart-felt praise for her multi-faceted achievements.
“A glorious chapter in Indian politics comes to an end. India grieves the demise of a remarkable leader who devoted her life to public service and bettering lives of the poor,” said Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a tweet. “Sushma Swaraj Ji was one of her kind, who was a source of inspiration for crores of people.”
“Sushma Ji was a prolific orator and outstanding Parliamentarian. She was admired and revered across party lines. She was uncompromising when it came to matters of ideology and interests of the BJP, whose growth she immensely contributed to,” said PM Modi.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented