The Lok Sabha on Friday passed the Jammu & Kashmir (Reservation) Bill and a statutory resolution to extend President’s rule in Jammu & Kashmir by another six months.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government has zero tolerance towards terrorism and we are thoroughly committed to uproot it. This zero tolerance policy is not just for speeches but also in the steps on the ground that we have taken. The Election Commission will take a call on when to hold polls. We will not delay a second in its conduct the moment EC announces it.President’s rule was supported by Rajya Sabha on 3 January, 2019, and that ends on 2 July, 2019. That is why I am here with this bill and proposal in front of the House that for six months, President’s rule be extended because right now the legislative assembly does not exist,The Election Commission, too, had held discussions with the administration of Jammu & Kashmir and political parties and had taken stock of the law and order situation. It also took note of events like Ramzan, Amarnath Yatra and the EC decided that they will take a decision on elections in the state later this year.”
Union Home Minister Amit Shah ,Article 370 scrapped, Jammu & Kashmir to be carved into two Union Territories
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- News2020.05.30The present and future of 130 crore will never be dictated by an adversity : Modi
- China Connect2020.05.28India-China border stand-off: Chinese envoy calls for settling amicably, invokes close ties
- Diplomacy2020.05.27Trump offers to mediate in India-China border standoff
- Africa Insights2020.05.26Pandemic & Beyond: India, Africa to forge defining partnership of next decades: Rahul Chhabra