The Lok Sabha on Friday passed the Jammu & Kashmir (Reservation) Bill and a statutory resolution to extend President’s rule in Jammu & Kashmir by another six months.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government has zero tolerance towards terrorism and we are thoroughly committed to uproot it. This zero tolerance policy is not just for speeches but also in the steps on the ground that we have taken. The Election Commission will take a call on when to hold polls. We will not delay a second in its conduct the moment EC announces it.President’s rule was supported by Rajya Sabha on 3 January, 2019, and that ends on 2 July, 2019. That is why I am here with this bill and proposal in front of the House that for six months, President’s rule be extended because right now the legislative assembly does not exist,The Election Commission, too, had held discussions with the administration of Jammu & Kashmir and political parties and had taken stock of the law and order situation. It also took note of events like Ramzan, Amarnath Yatra and the EC decided that they will take a decision on elections in the state later this year.”
Union Home Minister Amit Shah ,Article 370 scrapped, Jammu & Kashmir to be carved into two Union Territories
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2022.12.01India@G20: A presidency of healing, harmony and hope
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security