With India’s G20 presidency attracting global attention, a special edition of “India and the World” journal entitled “India’s G20 Moment: Hope, Harmony and Healing,” has been launched by eminent personalities, including Sherpa Amitabh Kant.
The journal, which comprises essays and commentaries on different aspects of India’s presidency, was unveiled at a conference organised by Vivekanada International Foundation, India Writes Network and Centre for Global India Insights on February 24. Besides Mr Kant, the panelists who spoke at the conference included Arvind Gupta, Director, VIF; Sujan R. Chinoy, T20 Chair and DG, MPIDSA; Muktesh Pardeshi, Special Secretary, G20-Operations; V. Srinivas, IAS and author.
Launching the journal, along with other panellists, Mr Gupta said that the special edition on India’s G20 presidency, edited by Manish Chand, is “highly informative” and includes articles by “renowned commentators and experts.” Delivering the keynote address at the conference, entitled, “India’s G20 Presidency – Forging Actionable Agenda for Global South,” Mr Kant underlined that despite all challenges in the world, India is best positioned to advance the cause of G20. He also made a strong pitch for reforming global governance architecture to address pressing problems of the day. “The world needs new institutions to drive climate action and sustainable development goals (SDGs) as organisations such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank are not designed to address these challenges,” he said.
Underlining the growing importance of the global South, Mr Chinoy, T20 Chair, said: “India’s rise is unstoppable. India will emerge as one of the strongest economies and leave this world into a better future”.
Highlighting relentless efforts made by the Indian government to enlist people in G20 events and processes, Mr Pardeshi spoke about how “India has employed the Whole-of-Government Approach,” which has enormously expanded the scope of G20. He stressed that India’s G20 presidency is based on “Jan Bhagidari” approach of partnership with the people in G20-related events.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2023.03.20Japan PM seeks India’s central role in updated Indo-Pacific strategy
- India and the World2023.03.15Why India-US semi-conductor agreement matters
- Diplomacy2023.03.11India-China conflict likely to escalate: US intelligence report
- India and the World2023.03.10India, Australia to strengthen security, Indo-Pacific cooperation