“In our own region, terrorism poses a grave threat to peace, security and development. Tragically, the mothership of terrorism is a country in India’s neighbourhood. Terror modules around the world are linked to this mothership. This country not just shelters terrorists. It nurtures a mindset. A mindset that loudly proclaims that terrorism is justified for political gains. It is a mindset that we strongly condemn. And against which we, as BRICS, need to stand and act together. BRICS must speak in one voice against this threat.”
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the inaugural session of the BRICS summit in Goa on October 16.
- Manish Chand is Founder-CEO and Editor-in-Chief of India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) and India and World, a pioneering magazine focused on international affairs. He is CEO/Director of TGII Media Private Limited, an India-based media, publishing, research and consultancy company.
- India and the World2022.06.26Modi at G7 summit: Spotlight on India Indispensable
- India and the World2022.06.24BRICS unite on terror, back dialogue between Russia and Ukraine
- In Conversation2022.06.06Japan will surpass 5 trillion Yen investment in India: Indian envoy
- In Conversation2022.05.30Without India & Modi, Quad could not fly: Former Abe adviser