“In our own region, terrorism poses a grave threat to peace, security and development. Tragically, the mothership of terrorism is a country in India’s neighbourhood. Terror modules around the world are linked to this mothership. This country not just shelters terrorists. It nurtures a mindset. A mindset that loudly proclaims that terrorism is justified for political gains. It is a mindset that we strongly condemn. And against which we, as BRICS, need to stand and act together. BRICS must speak in one voice against this threat.”
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the inaugural session of the BRICS summit in Goa on October 16.
- Manish Chand is Founder-CEO and Editor-in-Chief of India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) and India and World, a pioneering magazine focused on international affairs. He is CEO/Director of TGII Media Private Limited, an India-based media, publishing, research and consultancy company.
- China Connect2019.10.12India-China Chennai Connect: Bridging trade deficit & enhancing strategic trust
- China Connect2019.10.12Chennai Connect: Modi, Xi reaffirm Wuhan spirit, hope for a new era in India-China ties
- India and the World2019.10.11India-China summit: Modi, Xi Jinping strike new notes in ancient temple town
- India and the World2019.09.28Modi asks world to unite against terror, Imran rants on Kashmir