MEXICO: A new air transport deal between Mexico and the U.S. will improve prices and services due to increased routes and higher frequencies, the Mexican Transport and Communications Ministry said.The deal has been approved by Mexico’s Congress.Other benefits include regional development, new trade structures, and a boost to air cargo and tourism.The new deal was signed in December 18 last year and replaces the previous deal that had been in place since 1960.A study last year showed that countries who update their air transport accords see a 16 percent increase in passenger traffic and prices are pushed down.A 16 percent increase in passengers could mean tourists spending up to $650 million more each year.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal