India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi said India should cut oil imports by 10 percent by 2022 in order to reduce dependence on oil imports. The idea is to produce 10 percent on our own, and this should be our dream, he stressed.
He also said if India become successful in reducing the consumption by 10 percent by 2022, then it can reduce it further to 50 percent by 2030.
India currently depends on imported oil for over 80 per cent of its energy needs. The Middle East region accounts for over 60 per cent of India’s oil imports.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.09.23Defence and security cooperation was a key 21st century pillar for India and Africa : Jaishankar
- The Power of India2020.09.22We live in an international community linked together at multiple levels by multiple arrangements : Shringla
- India and the World2020.09.22The UN faces a crisis of confidence and today’s challenges cannot be fought with outdated structures : Modi
- The Power of India2020.09.21Our agriculture sector is in desperate need of latest technology that assists the industrious farmers :Modi