Around 142-150 people on board are expected to be killed in the major air crash. The cause of the crash is yet to be investigated. “The cause is at present unknown,” French Prime Minister Manuel Valls told the reporters. French President Francois Hollande said survivors were unlikely in this tragic crash.
According to the DGAC aviation authority, the airplane crashed near the town of Barcelonnette, about 100 km (65 miles) north of the French Riviera city of Nice.
On the other hand, the Lufthansa’s Germanwings unit said it is yet to verify the reports of the crash.
The A320 airbus is a 24-year-old airbus and has been with the parent Lufthansa’s group since 1991.
Eric Ciotti, the head of the regional council, said search-and-rescue teams had left for the crash site at Meolans-Revels.
Flight #4U9525 was descending with a rate of about 3000-4000 feet per minute, which is quite standard for an airport approach… Flight #4U9525 initially climbed to 38,000 feet before before it started to descend and lost signal at 6,800 feet,” Flight Radar 24 tweeted.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented