” It is in line with this approach that I take this opportunity to remind -Pakistan – the one isolated delegation that made unwarranted references to an integral part of India, that pacific settlement requires pacific intent in thinking and pacific content in action. Regurgitating a failed approach, which has long been rejected, is neither reflective of pacific intent nor a display of pacific content. We hope that the new government of Pakistan will, rather than indulge in polemics, work constructively to build a safe, stable, secure and developed South Asian region, free of terror
and violence. ”
India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin’s remarks at the UNSC debate on Mediation and Settlement of Disputes.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.01.26Republic Day message: Follow Covid precautions, Indian economy on the move again
- India and the World2022.01.25First India-Central Asia Summit: What can one expect
- Culture2022.01.24“We have to move ahead taking inspiration from Netaji Subhash’s ‘Can Do, Will Do’ spirit”
- India and the World2022.01.20Amid China’s forays, India bolsters development partnership with Mauritius