” I can confirm that on the request of the Pakistani side, a meeting between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Pakistani foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi will take place on the sidelines of UNGA at a mutually convenient date and time, just be a meeting, not talks or resumption of dialogue,we have not finalised the agenda for the meeting,this does not indicate any change in our policy towards Pakistan.”
— Raveesh Kumar, Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson, told the media in New Delhi on September 20. The meeting of the foreign ministers (Sushma Swaraj and Shah Mahmood Qureshi) is being finalised by permanent missions of the two countries in New York.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.07.11Webinar Video: Mapping Next Steps in India-Africa Partnership
- China Connect2020.07.10It’s time to put India-China relations back on track, think ahead: Chinese envoy
- Business with India2020.07.09India is playing a leading role in the global revival: Modi
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace