Terming the coronavirus as an “invisible and shapeshifting enemy,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi exhorted Indians to take vaccines quickly and advised them not to abandon precautions even after vaccination.
In an online address to farmers on May 14, PM Modi said he empathised with people’s pain and suffering because of Covid, but assured that his government will not leave any stone unturned to overcome this crisis. “Because of this coronavirus, we have lost people close to us. The pain that citizens have suffered, that many experienced, I am feeling it equally,” PM Modi said.
“As your Pradhan Sevak, I share your every sentiment.”
The country is dealing with an invisible and shapeshifting enemy, he said.”The pandemic, the worst in 100 years, is testing the world at every step. There is an invisible enemy before us.”
“The blocks in our resources are being removed on a war-footing,” PM Modi said. He assured that his government’s effort was to make sure that maximum people were vaccinated. “So far, around 18 crore vaccine doses have been given. Government hospitals are giving free shots across the country. So please do get the vaccine when it is your turn,” he urged.
“This vaccine will be our shield against the coronavirus and will protect us from serious infection. And even after vaccination, we cannot abandon precautions like masks and social distancing… We will fight and win this battle against Corona.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldDecember 1, 2023COP28: PM Modi to pitch for accelerating climate finance
- India and the WorldNovember 30, 2023Inclusivity has been at the heart of India’s G20 Presidency: PM Modi
- India and the WorldNovember 23, 2023G20 Virtual Summit: Modi unveils new pro-South initiatives, voices concern over Israel-Hamas War
- India and the WorldNovember 15, 2023It’s time for Global South: India, South Africa, Cuba pitch for reforming global governance