The US and India “have shared close bonds of friendship and democratic traditions” and “see each other as great pluralist democracies, global powers and good friends”, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said in his congratulatory message on India’s Independence Day.
“On behalf of the government of the United States of America and the American people, I extend greetings and best wishes to the people of India on your Independence Day,” said Mr Pompeo.
Over the years, the relationship has grown into a comprehensive global strategic partnership, involving ever closer cooperation on issues vital to global security and prosperity in the 21st century, Mr Pompeo said.
The US and India work together on defence, counterterrorism, trade, investment, energy, the environment, healthcare, agriculture, science and technology, education, space, the oceans, and much more, the top American diplomat said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.09.25Taliban demands apology from Pakistan for calling Afghanistan a hub of terrorism
- India and the World2022.09.23India calls for ending Ukraine conflict, targets China on terror
- India and the World2022.09.16SCO in Samarkand: Modi pitches for enhancing connectivity
- In Conversation2022.09.16India has a big role to play in SCO: Uzbekistan’s SCO coordinator