BHOPAL: Taking the cue from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s emphasis on sustainable lifestyle and the overarching message of healing, harmony and hope, a G20 Think 20 special event has been organised in Bhopal, which focuses on reorienting global governance in sync with LiFe and well-being.
The two-conference, which complements the just-concluded inception conference of T20 in New Delhi, will be inaugurated by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan on January 16. The Inaugural Session will also feature big-picture remarks by Harsh Vardhan Shringla, G-20 Chief Coordinator, Government of India; Ambassador (Retd.) Sujan R. Chinoy, T20 Chair & Director General, MPIDSA; Suman Bery, Vice Chairperson, NITI Aayog; and and Professor Sachin Chaturvedi, DG, RIS. Mr Tetsushi Sonobe, Dean and CEO, ADBI, Tokyo, Japan, will deliver keynote address at the conference.
Over 100 eminent experts, academics and various stakeholders in G20 and T20 are participating in the conference.
In a concept note, RIS has underlined the need for a “fundamental mindset shift” towards creating a new paradigm of global governance that is linked with values and ethical approaches that need to be mainstreamed for reforming institutions, processes and practices.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s message of healing, harmony and hope for the G20 would shape activities and deliverables of the Indian Presidency of the G20. India is poised to adopt an agenda for the G20 which would create enabling conditions for fundamental mindset shift, to benefit humanity as a whole as articulated by the Prime Minister.”
“The approaches on global governance should henceforth see existing challenges as universal and indivisible in the spirit of “One Earth, One Family, One Future,” said the concept note.
The Think 20 (T20) is one of the engagement groups of G20 that was launched during the Mexican Presidency in 2012. It serves as the ‘ideas bank’ for the G20 providing a platform for scholars to deliberate and articulate policy recommendations on critical global challenges.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2023.06.02Mutual respect and complete consensus,that is the hallmark of BRICS : Jaishankar
- India and the World2023.05.19With Global South on mind, Modi touches down in Hiroshima for G7 summit
- India and the World2023.04.28A Time for Global South in G20
- India and the World2023.04.26Continent of Hope: It’s Time for Compact with Africa 2.0