Denmark has become the first country to ratify International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) after amendments to it entered into force on January 8 this year, opening its membership to all member states of the United Nations.
Denmark’s Ambassador Freddy Svane deposited signed copies of the ISA Framework Agreement & Instrument of Ratification with India’s Ministry of External Affairs. The copies were handed over to P. Harish, Additional Secretary in MEA.
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) of sunshine-rich countries was launched jointly by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his French counterpart Francois Hollande at the COP21 Climate Conference in Paris on November 30, 2015. Mr Modi has invited all countries located fully or partly between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn to join the International Solar Alliance.
Till this date, ninety countries have signed the ISA Framework Agreement, including many European countries such as UK, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
India and Denmark forged Green Strategic Partnership during the virtual summit between the prime ministers of the two countries last year. In an interview ti India Writes Network, Denmark’s Ambassador to India Freddy Svane underlined that Denmark is keen to share its skills, solutions, and experiences to enable India to adapt to a green transformation in the country.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.09.18Why Chinese Vaccines Are Welcomed by Its Neighbors
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target