In a sign of deepening strategic embrace between Beijing and Moscow, China has named Russian President Vladimir Putin as the number one figure at the 2016 G20 summit to be held in Hangzhou in September.
“President Putin will be the most important guest in Hangzhou which he will visit at the invitation of (Chinese president) Xi Jinping,” a Chinese diplomat said recently.
“The two heads of state will have a separate meeting on the sidelines of the G20 summit to discuss the results of Putin’s visit to China held onJune 25 as well as the promotion of Russian-Chinese relations,” said Gui Congyou, Director-General of the Department of European-Central Asian Affairs, in China’s foreign office.
China will host its first G20 summit in the picturesque city of Hangzhou on September 4-5, which will focus on “building an innovative, invigorated, interconnected and inclusive world economy” as the main theme. China has proposed four key priorities, which includes “innovative growth modes,” “more efficient global economic and financial governance,” “robust international trade and investment” and “inclusive and interconnected development.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal